Peach Cobbler

Sweet, juicy peaches under a crisp, buttery crust.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The South, Y'all, United States

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

What's Cooking

One thing that I know is cooking is a corned beef brisket, in my crock pot. It is going to simmer all day and then get served with some garlic and herb mashed potatoes, steamed cabbage, and carrots. Oh and of course, sweet tea. Hey, it's the south, y'all.

What else? I sent out invitations to a new yahoo group for refugees from a certain forum. It would be so nice to have everyone land in one place but realistically, people's lives change. If everyone can't make it, at least I have some contact info and I can keep in touch.

Maybe I was wearing blinders but I certainly didn't expect to see the kind of shenanigans at that place that I had seen at other boards. After a couple of people were actually banned, it reminded me of another board where the owners/administrators required everyone to put their names on a "privacy pledge", where they agreed to never discuss matters or events outside of the board. Also, people who remained friends with those who left and started their own boards were harrassed and made to feel disloyal and untrustworthy. Yes, believe it or not these were all adults and not junior high students in some club. It takes all types though, right?

Moving along. . .

Wow, Labor Day has come and gone already. Now how did that happen so quickly? This is about the time of year that things really speed up around here. School activities intensify, there is the big family reunion (on one side), Halloween (and all the attendant excitement), Thanksgiving, birthdays, Christmas, New Years, and...exhaustion. Oh and I forgot to add in that I'll be taking a class 9:00am to 1:00 pm, Monday through Thursday, starting tomorrow and going through December 14. So, yes, I'll be looking for additional ways to cut down on stress.

Repeat after me: "No thank you. We appreciate the offer, but I'm afraid we just can't make it."






3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a test for anonymous posting purposes. Obviously, it works. :-)

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of us who have been fasting for a time, your scrumptious descriptions of culinary delights are torment.

(M)

1:50 PM  
Blogger PeachCobbler said...

Crockpots are great. Throw your stuff in, flip that switch, and let 'er go.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home