Peach Cobbler

Sweet, juicy peaches under a crisp, buttery crust.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The South, Y'all, United States

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

My Shoes Are Not Waterproof

I knew that. I just didn't expect to discover just how not waterproof these shoes are, especially today on the first day of class.

Other discoveries of today: I discovered that the water in the runoff ditch (when full) beside the road between parking Lots F and G goes to one half inch below my ankle.

Here is an interesting discovery: After becoming soaked while walking to class, and then spending approximately four hours sitting in said classroom that is being cooled to a temperature that would better suit that of a meat packing plant, it will take a good 30 minutes for feeling to return to the extremeties after leaving the classroom.

Also, I discovered that the distance to the campus bookstore is increased any time there is rain. Yes, it's true. It is some kind of refraction, time-space continuum thing that causes an increase in the distance one must walk when wearing shoes that are not waterproof, and carrying a book bag and a broken umbrella.

Maybe I won't make as many exciting discoveries tomorrow.










3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch your step tomorrow!

I was up at my campus today posting flyers to sell English 101 and English 102 textbooks. Don't need any of those do ya?

My prices are FAR better than bookstore prices, which I am sure your eyes are bugging out at these days.

12:56 PM  
Blogger PeachCobbler said...

The weather was much better the second day of class so I was able to avoid the head-to-toe soaking I experienced the first day. It made for a much more pleasant day.

Some genius placed a coffee machine just outside the class (which is in the basement of the building, aka Deep Freeze). So far, I have resisted. But with everyone around me slugging it down, I don't know how much longer I can resist. Why resist, you ask? I just don't want to start feeding a stupid machine money to get bad coffee. Maybe I'll just take my own instead.

Ah, Star Trek. Yes, I do have years of experience watching the various incarnations of Star Trek, some of which were decidedly better than others. But then, I've been a reader of science fiction for years.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Sister Sunshine said...

Be careful you don't catch cold. It's a lot harder to study and keep your grades up when you're not feeling well!
: )

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home